Halogen heater starts fire in Thornton Heath home
A woman was left with minor burns to her leg after a halogen heater left too close to her bed started a blaze.
Firefighters were called to the house in Moffat Road, Thornton Heath, around 3am today (Friday).
The 37-year-old had tried to put the fire out herself before the fire brigade arrived.
She was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation and minor burns.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, May 26 2013
The blaze caused a small amount of damage to the bed and clothing in the bedroom.
Appliances from Norbury and Woodside attended and managed to save 90 per cent of the property.